15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

20 January 2007

Wigged out.

The joys of a cheap camera include inadvertent visual effects. I was moving while this camera was taken. I think the digital image processor inside the device operates slowly. Perhaps this composition was created similarly to an image resulting from moving one's hand on a photocopy machine while the scanning light is operating. Thoughts? Theories?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so cool that it doesn't blur per se but bend. Really strange and wonderful.

21 January, 2007 05:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I think, that the picture in every digital camera is processed from the top to the bottom,
starting with the pixles at the top of the picture. so when you move the camera very fast (with a slow digital processor) you'll get a shot like this one :-)

23 January, 2007 13:43  
Blogger Zhai YaLi said...

Moses, thanks for the information. If there were a camera with a slow digital processor to be found, I would assume that I have it. 15 dollars of artisticly low technology. Here are some
other photos that take advantage of this feature.

23 January, 2007 13:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home