15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

25 January 2006

Modes

From the bicycle seat, I enjoy a different view of the roads from the car and truck drivers. It's always gratifying to see other members of the human-powered transportation tribe. I watched these children on scooters make their way across the street just before the light changed. I suppose that the members of the human powered vehicle club have differing levels of enjoyment of their membership.

This older gentleman made his way up a faily steep hill before crossing in front of me while I waited at a red light. Who is happier, he or I? I dare not say.














Whatever the mode, bicycle, walk, or scoot, group solidarity on the streets helps with visibility and safety.

Here is a pack that I rode with for about three blocks before the other riders went their separate ways. *Following comment added 26 January, 2006* Daily commuters may find comfort in the routine of familiar streets. I rode home from work behind the rider in the blue jacket. I recognized his outfit, yet I believe I remained as anonymous to him as anyone on the bustling streets.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home