15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

08 February 2006

Sad Bike

Please take care of your bicycle. One of the most helpful articles I've read concerning how to properly use one's U-Lock can be found on Sheldon Browns encyclopedic web site. If you are a cyclist, please take a moment to read it. I must admit that it took me a few days to trust his method, but I have not had a problem with wheel or seat theft . . . yet.

Here is the core of the locking strategy, copied exactly from the longer article written by Sheldon Brown:

People tend to buy the big clunky U-locks because they don't know how to use them properly. A U-lock should go around the rear rim and tire, somewhere inside the rear triangle of the frame. There is no need to loop it around the seat tube as well, because the wheel cannot be pulled through the rear triangle.

And may your bicycle take good care of you. Ride on!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home