15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

31 January 2006

My horse

My bike! A Marin Novato. Pictured here with one of the two Jandd "Grocery Bag Panniers" that I use to carry loads. I have another one that attaches to the other side of the rack for more extensive hauling, or large shopping trips. The panniers are perfectly sized to carry a grocery bag inside. This bike has been in my possession for about a year. It is lighter and more durable than the bicycle that I replaced with it. I can still remember the first few months I rode this bike. It was so much easier to ride than my previous bicycle, I described the sensation as "Thinking of a place I wanted to go, and effortlessly arriving there." The bottom bracket and hub bearings are sealed, which makes them optimal for these rainy days. Instead of having to clean and regrease them seasonally, the bearings are simply replaced when worn. After a year of daily riding, rain or shine, I have found this to provide a significant decrease in the need for routine maintenance. Less maintenance means more "Thinking of places to go, and effortlessly arriving there."

Celebrations of the cycle abound. This mural depicts Marshall "Major" Taylor.

The following post was added on 3 February, 2006.

I wrote to John J. Schuller, the founder of the Major Taylor Society and informed him of this mural. He wrote back and expressed his interest in the image. He encourages people to check out his site. I concur. Please do check out his collection of information dedicated to this courageous athlete.


Another view of the mural:


The mural in context with the rest of the decorated wall space outside of the cooperatively owned bicycle shop.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home