15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

27 January 2006

Life at night

The $15 camera has a very narrow range of light conditions in which it will function. Unlike most cameras which will take a photograph regardless of external conditions, this one merely beeps twice, signaling its refusal to capture an image. In the photo at right, I had to fake it out in order to snap this beautiful shot in which you can see the cables and tower of the Bay Bridge which connects San Francisco and Oakland, California. I believe the overhead street lamp at the top of the frame provided enough light to trick the camera into taking a photo, even though the ambient light at that time of day was too low to take any additional photos.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Zhai YaLi said...

Good idea, Bloggy! I shall experiment with that method. The secrets of the 15dollarCam are slowly emerging.

01 February, 2006 11:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home