15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

27 January 2006

Layers


While commuting on the street, it's fairly important that different forms of transport stay within their own layer of flow. Of course, different elements do occasionally collide, with varying results. I often find myself expressing gratitude for another ride safely completed. The above photo was taken while traveling in a designated bicycle lane. The traffic on the left was moving, while parked cars were off to the right. Another bicyclist takes advantage of this relatively calm zone within which to ride.


In the photo to the left, my bright yellow riding jacket is reflecting off the glass of the pedestrian shelter next to the streetcar which was stopped at the same traffic light as I was. Streetcar tracks are a significant hazard for bikes, especially when wet. Crossing at a shallow angle can lead to one's tires getting caught, toppling the rider. Keeping an eye out for such features on the road helps decrease your chances of an accident. All in all, just another day on the bike.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home