15dollarCam

I take most of these pictures while riding my bicycle around San Francisco. I hope you will enjoy viewing them. August 27, 2007 and before: $15 Radio Shack digigr8, 300 kilopixel camera. November 13, 2007 and after: Canon SD1000

28 February 2006

Jellyfish Above

Natural patterns repeat.
These jellyfish clouds
are now dumping
thousands of tons of water
upon the land.

There are large storms moving over the City today.
The size of these massive vapor clouds is deceiving.
Look at the utility poles and buildings for a size reference.




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Darr said...

The question is, do you think of them as jellyfish before you frame them in your camera viewfinder, or do you you look at the photo after its finished and then decide they look like jellyfish?

'Cause I gotta say I was thinking shelf fungus myself.

28 February, 2006 18:43  
Blogger Zhai YaLi said...

Good question. While I was photographing the clouds, I hadn't made a specific association. But while viewing the photos before posting them, I was reminded of the jellyfish that I had just seen last weekend at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

So, another question arises: had I not recently seen jellyfish, would I have thought of shelf fungus? Because I can certainly see that similarity now.

Dear readers: what other images do you see in the clouds?

28 February, 2006 19:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see Mrs. Sayadian's ass

01 March, 2006 09:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home